1. Where are you from originally?
2. What is your favorite WOD/Movement?
3. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/CrossFit Axon?
Over the past 5 or 6 years, I tried many things to motivate myself to lose weight and just live healthier. I would join a gym, go faithfully for a month or two and slowly lose interest eventually canceling my membership. Then I would repeat that cycle and get no results.
Then about a year ago a during a planned lunch someone mentioned to a co-worker that he looked like he was losing weight and asked what was his secret. His response jokingly was CrossFit and most of us had no clue what CrossFit was other than maybe seeing the competitions on ESPN as you are looking for something to watch on a lazy Saturday afternoon.
After lunch, I went back to my desk and googled CrossFit which and realized that I would pass by a CrossFit gym when we I was going the Chinese restaurant on Rocky River road but still did not fully understand what CrossFit was all about.
Several months went by before I explored CrossFit again until it came time for my yearly physical and listening to the doctor tell me over and over that, I need to lose weight I decided to revisit CrossFit and looked up CrossFit boxes close to work and home that is when I came across CrossFit Axon.
4. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides CrossFit?
When we have time we will play disc golf and go fishing, it allows us to get out of the house and get moving.
5. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
I try to do three days as my work and family schedules allow.
6. What is your athletic background?
When I was young I played football and after high school, I tried to continue lifting weights but eventually, I got away from exercise completely.
7. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Axon.
The first workout was tough mentally! I did not realize how out-of-shape I really was and didn’t think I could endure the workouts.
8. What brought your back after your first workout?
After realizing how bad my physical conditioning was I told myself that it was now or never so I gave myself a six-month time frame. Then I started meeting people and seeing how supportive everyone is and it gave me the motivation to keep coming back.
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Axon memories/moments?
I don’t know if it was special but it was probably the most painful! It was my first Saturday workout and I did not realize that Saturdays are team workouts, I thought I was going to do a normal WOD (workout of the day).
My partner was Roland and you don’t want to let your partner down or make them do all of the work. Roland pushed me to my limits that day. I went home after that workout and my wife’s first comment was you look beat! LOL!
10. What would you like to tell someone who wants to start CrossFit Axon but may be unsure about getting started?
Give it six to eight months and you will see the growth. It will be tiring and painful some days but just keep going.
11. What is your eating style?
My diet has slowly changed over the past year as I do not drink Juice or soda but other than that I do not exclude anything from my diet. My focus is cutting back on the portion size. I want the changes I make to be sustainable and experience has shown me that completely cutting certain foods out of my diet is just not something that I can maintain.
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Axon?
It’s almost a year since my first workout at Axon and I have lost close to 40 pounds along with gaining strength and endurance.
13. What do you do for a living?
I work in IT for TIAA one of the many financial institutions in Charlotte
14. What drives you to be an active family?
We have a ten-year-old son who plays baseball and most recently soccer so helping him practice keeps us moving.