1. Where are you from originally?
2. What is your favorite WOD/Movement?
I don’t have a favorite but I prefer anything that takes less than 10min.
3. What were you doing before CrossFit?
How did you hear about CrossFit and/CrossFit Axon? I was running and lifting weights. I live down the street from the original location. I saw the sign out front and I was waiting for it to open.
4. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides CrossFit?
football, basketball, and baseball.
5. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
6. What is your athletic background?
I played football, basketball and ran track in high school. I also played college football for a short while.
7. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Axon.
I went outside and threw up in the bushes and thought wow that was hard but fun.
8. What brought your back after your first workout?
I had already paid for the month and I don’t believe in wasting money.
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Axon memories/moments?
I have so many but my favorite would have to be the one and only time I completed Murph.
It was long and grueling but for some reason I had a blast suffering alongside everyone else. I also used to enjoy listening to Curtis and Bob argue over the music at 6 in the morning.
10. What would you like to tell someone who wants to start CrossFit Axon but may be unsure about getting started?
Curtis doesn’t bite on Tuesdays and Thursdays after 9:30 am. Nora is the best coach at Axon, and it doesn’t get any easier but you get better.
11. What is your eating style?
I try to avoid sugar and I drink a lot of water.
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Axon?
When I started I was about 300 or so pounds. Within the first 9 months, I lost close to 80 lbs. I’m as strong if not stronger then I was playing football as a young man. I have also seen big improvements in my cardio. I’m just healthier overall.
13. What do you do for a living?
I am a middle school science teacher.
14. What drives you to be an active family?
A healthy life is a fun life. So we try to be healthy and have fun as a family.